States meet the needs of taxpayers
… And the furniture trade applies
For fans of vinyl records
Furniture that mimics the landscape of wildlife
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and that is relevant to the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. On January 1, the Tax Service began to function as a single legal entity. A single tax account has also been created. The format of working with large taxpayers has changed. Five interregional traffic police departments have been established to work with large taxpayers: central, eastern, western, southern, and northern. It is noted that all included in the Register of large taxpayers for 2021 are assigned to these interregional departments of the State Tax Service to work with large taxpayers.
2. In December, the Verkhovna Rada passed Bill №4065, which provides for sufficient time for taxpayers to ensure the collection of data and information needed to declare certain taxable items, reducing the number of fines for certain minor tax offences.
Also positive is the state-guaranteed protection of the taxpayer from illegal actions of the controlled body.
3. In January 2021, Article 30 of the Law of Ukraine “On Ensuring the Functioning of the Ukrainian Language as the State Language” will enter into force.
This article obliges all service providers in Ukraine, regardless of ownership, to serve consumers exclusively in Ukrainian (except for an alternative customer request).
Article 30 of the Law on the Ukrainian Language provides:
Ukrainian as the state language is recognized as the language of customer service in Ukraine;
information on goods and services (in particular in online stores and online catalogues) should also be provided in the state language, but maybe duplicated in other languages;
when providing such information, the use of words, abbreviations, acronyms and symbols in English and/or with the use of letters of the Latin and/or Greek alphabets are allowed.
4. The Zara Home chain of stores in collaboration with Parisian DJ and designer Agatha Muzhyn presented a collection of interior items and appliances for music and vinyl lovers in a vintage style.
The centre of the new collection is an ash table, designed specifically to accommodate accessories with a “pocket” for storing records. On the left side of the table is a basket made of jute, on the right is a vinyl compartment, as well as a headphone holder.
5. Swedish studio “Front” in collaboration with the Italian brand “Moroso” has released a collection of furniture Design by Nature, inspired by natural patterns (patterns). The designers decided to focus on nature because it has a positive effect on people’s mental and physical health.
Six items of the collection mimic wildlife landscapes and imitate stones, branches, moss, lichen, algae – natural elements embodied in furniture with the help of 3D-scanning. The ergonomics and shape of objects are designed to encourage people to use objects as they use real natural. The wooden frames on the milling machine were given wavy rocky shapes and covered with a patterned tapestry-like fabric from the Dutch textile company Febrik.