State aid is symbolic
Partial unemployment will not reduce seniority
Environmental insurance is coming
The furniture makers went to cook
Customer expectations reached a record high
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and that is relevant to the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. Eight thousand quarantines discredit entrepreneurs, but the state does not have the money to help businesses. This was stated by the head of the All-Ukrainian public organization “Union for the Protection of Entrepreneurship” Serhiy Dorotych. The Ministry of Finance has published information that 1.4 billion hryvnias have been allocated from the State Budget this year for the payment of one-time financial assistance for entrepreneurs and employees, which was returned on April 19 against the background of local lockdowns. According to Dorotych, only one tenth of entrepreneurs will be able to receive this money.
2. Periods of receiving partial unemployment benefits and other types of benefits during lockdowns will be included in the insurance record of Ukrainians. This was announced by the Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine Maryna Lazebna. She also noted that the Ministry gives people the right to exclude periods of low income from pensions if they wish, so that it does not reduce the amount of pension in the future.
3. In the Verkhovna Rada, at a meeting of the Committee on Environmental Policy and Nature Management, the models of functioning of environmental insurance were discussed, which provides for mandatory insurance payments for companies that pollute the environment. It is noted that the introduction of environmental insurance will allow the State Coinspection to recover all environmental damage that will be reimbursed by insurance companies. The main advantage of implementing such a mechanism is the promotion of enterprise modernization. They will be interested in upgrading their facilities, because the lower the risk to the environment, the lower the insurance payment.
4. There are many cookbooks nowadays. But the world-famous furniture concern IKEA has suddenly decided to go beyond its specialization and add something new to the set of gastronomic “bestsellers” to turn cooking into waste-free production. The Canadian representative office of the company has released a cookbook “Scraps Book”, which contains recipes for leftovers! As it turns out, there is a great option to save a lot of money on food, if you know how and what to cook from leftovers for lunch or dinner. The book, which is already available for free download even on smartphones, has 50 recipes for such unusual dishes. Ten chefs told how to properly store leftovers and reuse them.
5. According to a study by the reputable American marketing company “Salesforce”, customer expectations have reached a record high. Surveys of more than 6,700 consumers and business buyers around the world have shown that the most important competitive advantage is understanding customers’ needs and meeting their expectations. Meanwhile, 51% of respondents said that most companies did not live up to their expectations. What do modern buyers want? Experts have identified four indicators:
a) customers 3.7 times more often began to recognize the special value of omnichannel interaction (omnichannel – the union of all sales channels);
b) customers are 2.1 times more likely to prefer personalized offers. At the same time, for 84% of customers it is important to treat them as an individual, not as an abstract buyer;
c) 66% of customers say that today’s companies need more effort than before to impress them with new products and services, and 56% of respondents seek to buy from the most innovative companies;
d) 62% of customers are more concerned about privacy, and 57% are dissatisfied with the way companies use their personal or business information.