- Trading rooms “grow up”
- Say “thanks” to builders
- Tax ideas approve, their implementation is doubted
- Her Majesty “The Figure”
- The world’s favorite color
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and is relevant for the furniture maker, read our digest:
1. For those furniture companies that have points of sale in shopping centers and a time of inconvenience due to the limited height of the shopping halls, there is good news: the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Utilities has lifted the height restrictions of the shopping halls in shopping centers.
So, for trading floors with an area of more than 400 square meters. m, the height can be increased with a corresponding justification up to a maximum of 3.6 m, for rooms more than 1000 square meters. m – up to 4.8 m. In this case, the minimum height from floor to ceiling should be at least 3 m, and for two-light trading halls – at least 5.8 m in the presence of mezzanines.
Changes in DBN “Trade Companies” will come into force on August 1.
2. All over the world it is so established that the construction industry is closely connected with the furniture industry: the more new settlers will be, the more furniture will be needed, the demand for which will naturally grow.
The volume of construction work performed by enterprises of Ukraine for two months in 2019 is 15 billion UAH. New construction, reconstruction and technical re-equipment made up 79.8% of the total volume of construction products produced, capital and current repairs – 10.9% and 9.3%, respectively.
We note that last year the construction companies of Ukraine increased the volume of work compared to 2017 by 4.4% – up to 136,000,000 hryvnia.
3. The ideas of reforming the tax system from the Zelensky team reflect most of the business expectations from the newly elected President of Ukraine. Almost all innovations voiced are justified and relevant. Business is most concerned with the introduction of a tax on capital withdrawn.
The founder of the law firm Amigo Partners, Igor Markevich, is convinced that the idea of replacing the income tax with a capital tax is discussed and in demand in a pro-European and transparent business. However, everything will depend on the implementation of this idea. Under certain conditions, a tax on capital withdrawal may become another corruption factor in society.
“If in the first years of the new tax will not be compensated or the expenses are not cut accordingly, such is the law and the budget will not be supported by the IMF. This means that cooperation and proceeds of tranches will cease ”- this is the opinion of Gleb Segida, Pravovest Law Firm managing partner.
And Oleg Likhovid, an adviser to the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, added: although the tax was motivated by business and en masse, and also the current president, they did not succeed. And it is not yet clear what to base on the hope that the Zelensky team will succeed.
Experts agree that it’s not the very ideas of the Ze team, but their implementation, the implementation mechanisms that are in question. Even repeatedly, even the most promising ideas have been nullified by an unsuccessful implementation.
4. “The next technological revolution – the digital one – is radically changing not only production, but also retail. Individualization of residential interiors, furniture personalization, digitalization of the furniture itself and accessories, and finally, new amenities in the shopping process – these are the key aspects that the foremost interior industry leaders are paying attention to today, ”was noted at the press conference on the occasion of the May exhibition“ Interzum 2019 ”. “. The only question is how to anticipate the client’s expectations by offering him new experience using digital technologies. But still, the “figure” already leaves an indelible mark on design, production, sales and logistics.
5. Dark blue – Blazer Blue is today the most soothing and non-toxic shade, this is the conclusion of a new study conducted by G.F. Smith. ” The British company (specializes in the production of paper, in particular for artists) surveyed more than 6,000 people from 100 countries regarding their favorite shades and associations associated with them. The survey also included colors that contribute to the desire to work, or those that best reflect sexuality. The full study suggests a “sort of emotional color-coded map”, published in a G.F. Smith titled “Favorite Color in the World.”
Of course, this information is published, so that designers and manufacturers of upholstered furniture, for whom it is very important to guess the upholstery color of new furniture models, take into account it first of all.