Joint furniture design will help to develop foreign markets.
He wrote not only about one export history of furniture companies-members of UAFM, each time we find something purely individual in them: the general seems to be ordinary, but the nuances are still unique: in the choice of export directions, and in the methods of developing foreign markets, and methods of finding prospective clients and reliable partners.
Vmvholding from Lviv also has such a “trick”, which it benefited from, targeting the market near, furniture-intensive and highly competitive Poland. This and not only we heard from the commercial director Сергій Вербицький.
The biography of the factory is divided into two periods. Sergey Verbitsky knows the initial, and the current stage of development of the company, therefore the export history is invested in its five-year framework.
We started to write a new export history in the company, one might say, from a clean slate, orienting its beginning to the furniture assortment that was rich in: living room furniture, children’s group, furniture systems. As for the price parameters, this is the “mass market” category.
Separately, it should be said about furniture systems, in the design and production of which the company feels particularly confident and competitive. In general, this is a category of modular designs. Changing the location of their modules, you can change, let’s say, the whole furniture ensemble, adapting it to the premises for various purposes and their interiors. Such furniture products are universal. For example, the Lavenda furniture set can be recommended for arranging the interior in the living room, as well as in the dining room, bedroom or even in the corridor.
It was possible to manage without intermediaries, and through direct contacts to find customers. They were found on the territory of the former Union – in Kazakhstan, the Baltic States. And there, the Bulgarians responded. To a large extent, the export start was successful due to the successful design of the proposed furniture: what is called, they hit the very market trend, “jumped” right to the peak of the furniture fashion of that time.
And according to the announced “tricks”, which brought to the Polish market, its essence is that together with the Polish client, who has already become a de facto reliable partner, we developed several models of furniture, which fell to the taste of the neighboring market, and so far this A good export project. In many ways, thanks to him, the company for the last three years almost doubles the sales of its furniture every year, and then their production. The pace that many furniture makers can envy. As well because these enterprising “Westerners” brought their company into the category of not just export-oriented, but mainly export Ukrainian producers. This is confirmed by the eloquent correlation: 80 percent of products are sold abroad, 20 percent in the domestic market. However, Mr. Sergey cautiously reacted to our praise: they say, times are not easy for the domestic furniture business, it is becoming more and more difficult to maintain what has been achieved.
In a company, the position concerning, as it were, equality of foreign markets and domestic is fundamental. In both directions, the same products are delivered, in both markets they are equally successful, which again shows: the manufacturer accurately finds points of contact between tastes and preferences of customers of different markets, and such points become basic for creating its furniture.
Of course, undoubted success for every furniture maker with export ambitions, the fact of the presence of his products in the markets of Old Europe. One of the recent pages in the newest export history of WWII HOLDING, which one can rightly be proud of, is the company’s entry into the markets of Austria, Germany and the Netherlands. There is still a lot of work to do to get there full-fledged, hassle – in particular permissive, certification, logistic, packaging – is difficult and time consuming, but the first steps have already been taken, and this is also a significant export achievement. Western Europeans are especially picky in children’s modular systems – they are tested, as they say, far and wide. And for strength and safety.
– And the fact that you offer the same Germans, roughly speaking, furniture “consumer goods”, are they satisfied?
– You know, quite happy that the time surprises us the most. Sometimes there are requests for such things that the Ukrainian buyer already neglects. Indeed, for every product there is a buyer. And it happens the other way around. For example, a good-quality chest of drawers, but is not in demand in Europe. Because the usual width for us is 80-100 centimeters, and for Europeans the usual large dressers, almost two meters, because their housing is not as small as most of our families. We have to adapt. Such a device does not contradict the equality of markets, which I mentioned. It was meant that we produce furniture for European customers and Ukrainian consumers from the same materials, and they are of the same quality, and dimensions and forms may differ.
– Those Ukrainian manufacturers that had a promising Kazakhstan market lost it through Russian transit bans. Did your company also get around this trouble?
– Not bypassed. And we lost Kazakhstan. And not only from Russia. Still, the delivery of goods there is very expensive. And also the brake reason for the conditions of the Customs Union, in which Kazakhstan, let’s say the truth, is not friendly to Ukrainian goods. Customs tariffs are growing, and all together makes our furniture non-competitive there.
– There was an impression of communicating on the same export topic with your colleagues in the Association, the overseas markets desired for them are now far away overseas, although transporting Ukrainian goods there is also expensive, permitting procedures are also difficult and lengthy …
– Our company is no exception. We also, so to speak, are looking in the direction of America and Canada. And what? Where all, there and we. Are we worse? About something specifically to say yet.
– Well, success to you in new ideas.
The heading “Success Stories” was founded in the framework of a grant project with the support of the Swiss Cooperation Office in Ukraine, the project name: “Increasing the level of cooperation and trust with joint participation in international and national government procurement” – TENDER TOGETHER.