fbpx

FURNITURE MARKET UAE

From our new partners who organize the Dubai WoodShow 2022. we have received interesting facts about the furniture market in the UAE and are happy to share them with you.

 

The UAE construction market was valued at USD 101.45 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 133.53 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.69% over the period of 2021-2026.

Construction demand in Dubai continues to be strong in the run-up to Expo 2020, supported by new tourism and hospitality projects and public spending on infrastructure, although rising materials costs and funding constraints are exerting pressure on profit margins.

Countries with the most projects in the construction pipeline in the hotel segment are Saudi Arabia with 186 projects/66,866 rooms and the United Arab Emirates with 161 projects/45,753 rooms.

The UAE Construction Market is valued at 133 Billion USD in 2026

Imports play a major role in the UAE luxury furniture market, the penetration of Italian-made luxury furniture is high among the consumers in the region. Major Italian furniture manufacturers have been providing their products in the country either through their own showrooms or multi-brand retail stores.

The rising construction and real estate sector in the country plays a major role in driving the demand for finished luxury furniture products for the next few years. Also, the governments’ initiatives to develop the tourism and hospitality industry which is estimated to contribute approximately 12% of the country’s GDP are also expected to play a major role in the UAE luxury furniture market over the forecast period.

In UAE alone 55,000 homes and 40,000 new hotel rooms were constructed in 2017. It has been observed that 70% of the timber and wood products are used for construction purposes while the remaining 30% is used in real estate, interiors, furniture, and other industrial applications.

The demand for furniture is likely to go up in the near future as Dubai will add 40,000 new hotel rooms and service apartments to meet the growing demand of tourists following the “Expo 2020” in Dubai, which is for a period of 1 year from 2020 to 2021.

The UAE Luxury Furniture Market is valued at 2.5% in 2026.

The furniture industry is an important industry in the UAE, more than 600 furniture factories are in operation representing 13.00% of the total number of industries in the UAE, and the capital investment in the UAE furniture industry is around 1 Billion AED representing 1.20 % of the total investment in manufacturing.

The furniture industry contributes 3.60% to the manufacturing GDP. The UAE Furniture market is expected to register a positive CAGR of around 5.60% during the period 2019-2035.

Furniture items that entail heavy fabric and leatherwork were more preferred by the people of the region. The country has become the leader in furniture production with more than 600 furniture manufacturing units in operation in the country. Apart from this, the UAE furniture industry investment was worth more than USD 270.00 million last year.
This figure represents around 1.20% of the total manufacturing sector investment in the country. The significant sectors where furniture is being used in bulk include hospitals, schools, institutions, offices, hospitality, and industrial setups.

All information about shows for the woodworking industry in the United Arab Emirates on the site of our partners: www.woodshowglobal.com.

Share This: