- Online school for entrepreneurs
- Flexible schedule instead of shift work
- “Prozorro” protected itself from fraudsters
- Ways to sell raw wood in Ukraine
- The pandemic retrained furniture production
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and that is relevant for the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. Today, the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine in partnership with the International Finance Corporation will launch an online school for entrepreneurs on the platform “Action. Business”.
Training in the online school for entrepreneurs will be carried out in the format of educational series. Within the framework of each educational series, potential and current entrepreneurs will be able to watch the series, take tests, receive additional useful materials, pass the final test and receive a certificate of completion of the course.
Blended learning format is also provided. Part of the training will be conducted online, and part – offline on the basis of business support centres “Action. Business “. Training will be free for all.
2. According to the new wording of item 12 of the Government Resolution №392, due to changes in the Resolution №500, state authorities, enterprises, institutions, organizations, regardless of the form of ownership, are recommended to provide quarantine for the period of limitation in order to limit the concentration of citizens in transport from work application where possible flexible working hours. In particular, it provides for different start and end times for different categories of workers, remote (home) work. It is no longer a question of shift work of employees and/or, if possible, remote work in real-time via the Internet.
In particular, to limit the concentration of people in public transport, the Cabinet of Ministers recommends that companies start the working day for employees at 9.00, 10.00 or later at the time of quarantine.
3. Procurement participants in Prozorro from June 19 can use watermarks when uploading documents to the system. This will protect the personal data of entrepreneurs from unauthorized use and fraud.
Watermarks are special symbols that are superimposed on a scanned version of documents and make it impossible to use them outside the Prozorro system.
When downloading PDF documents to the system, the supplier will be able to select the “Apply Watermark” function, and the documents will be marked WATERMARK. Such a sign will contain the company’s USREOU and the text “To participate in the procurement.”
4. This week the State trading platform “Prozorro. Sales “together with the Ukrainian Furniture Association held a meeting on the sale of raw wood in Ukraine. The meeting was aimed at forming a powerful lobbying force in the country, the position of which will be impossible not to listen to the authorities and intensify legislative initiative in this area.
UAFM and “Prozorro. Sales “expressed readiness to join the working group on the draft law on the wood market, so that their position could be heard during the development of the bill.
With the proposal of UAFM, it was agreed that a working group (in particular, with the participation of “Prozorro. Sales” and “LIAC”) should be established to develop common approaches to opening data on sales of raw wood.
A working group will be set up to work out a possible solution to the problem of opacity and the lack of a clear methodology for determining the cost of raw wood in Ukraine.
To disseminate knowledge on the sale of unprocessed wood, the state of the wood in the furniture market, obtaining legal documents for purchased raw materials and disclosing other related issues, UAFM organizes a webinar for furniture makers and industry representatives. The speaker of the meeting will be Vasyl Masyuk, publisher and editor of the newspaper Derevoobrobnyk and the magazine Meblevi Tehnologii, Chairman of the Public Council at the State Forestry Agency of Ukraine. The webinar will take place on July 8, 2020, and will be available for registration in the next UAFM events.
5. The company “Wood By Design”, operating in the US state of Utah, produces high-quality custom furniture, including cabinet.
Today, during the COVID-19 pandemic, when the necessary protective medical equipment and overalls are lacking, and this affects the health and safety of thousands of health workers, the company “retrained” its CNC cutting machine at the request of state authorities, and from the end of March instead of cutting blanks for furniture, the machine is involved in cutting transparent ultra-thin sheets of Tuffak polycarbonate measuring 1.2 by 2.4 meters and 0.75 millimetres thick, from which protective shields are made.