Improve public procurement
Not the only furniture
Bureaucracy harms business
The use of antibacterial power of silver
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and that is relevant for the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. The Verkhovna Rada adopted in the second reading the draft law № 5309 on improving the public procurement appeal system – “On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine on the Powers of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine in the field of Public Procurement”, which introduced the institutions of commissioners public procurement and commissions for consideration of complaints about violations of legislation in the field of public procurement.
In addition, adjustments are being made to improve the grievance process. In particular, it is envisaged to submit complaints in the form of an electronic document by filling in unified forms, which will further simplify the processing of complaints and the formation of analytics on the functioning of the appeal system.
2. According to Prime Minister D. Shmygal, Ukrainian exports in the first five months of 2021 increased by more than 25% or almost five billion dollars. Almost 50% more our country began to supply to China, USA, Turkey, Great Britain.
He noted that such an excellent result was given by favorable external conditions, as well as the expansion of the geography of exports through the support of Ukrainian business. It is also noted that in the next three years, exports of Ukrainian products will increase by at least $ 15 billion.
An important step to this will be the international B2B exhibition and conference FUBE – 2021, which will be attended by buyers from 58 countries interested in buying Ukrainian furniture. The exhibition will be held on June 15 – 17, 2021 at the location of the KievExpoPlaza exhibition complex. The organizers of the business event are the Ukrainian Association of Furniture Manufacturers and the exhibition operator Euroindex.
3. The Swedish company IKEA, the world’s largest retailer of furniture and household goods, is preparing to open food departments in Ukraine, which are in the company’s stores in other countries.
According to Florian Melle, head of IKEA in Ukraine, a reduced format of the City Store has opened in Kyiv, without a food department, but there is already an understanding that there is a lack of such a service for customers. It is available in the company’s stores in all leading countries, and Kyiv is one of the top European cities.
4. Many companies are growing slowly due to a giant bureaucracy. How can such companies become creative and flexible? How to create another business model – a decentralized human-centered organization? This is what the book “Mankind: Creating Companies with People Above All” by influential business ideologues – Gary Gemel, a teacher at the London School of Economics, and Michele Zanini, co-founder of the international consulting company “Management Lab”. The book in Ukrainian translation was published by Laboratory Publishing House. In it, the authors propose a new model of the organization of corporate processes, focused on the person, able to sensitively perceive and respond to changes in the outside world, which forms a sense of belonging to the company in all its employees.
5. During pandemics, the threat of pathogenic microorganisms and multidrug-resistant bacteria increases, which multiply faster and faster, which antibiotics can no longer cope with.
Cromasept “Silver Power Plus” – a new multilayer acrylic finishing system from the company “IVM Chemicals”. It gives surfaces long-lasting antibacterial properties. According to the manufacturer, this multilayer acrylic system can be used to create antibacterial surfaces on all types of furniture. “Meticulous laboratory tests have shown that Cromasept Silver Power Plus coating stops the growth of bacteria such as Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus by 99.9% in 24 hours,” says Alexander Kollat, CEO of IVM Chemicals.