In the context of digitalization of the economy
The business is looking for professionals and is willing to pay more
The gradual lifting of restrictions
Furniture from what is at hand
A new model of furniture screed
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and that is relevant to the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. The Parliament adopted in the second reading a bill on stimulating the development of the digital economy in Ukraine, which provides for a special regime of taxation of residents “Action City”. Its goal is to stimulate the development of the digital economy in Ukraine by creating favourable conditions for conducting innovative business, building digital infrastructure, attracting investment, as well as talented professionals. The law will define the general principles of the legal regime “Action City”, which are freedom of activity, non-interference, a presumption of legality of residents of “Action City”, stability, formal nature of the procedure for obtaining resident status “Action City”, voluntary residence in “Action City” and more.
2. Business representatives in Ukraine are actively looking for specialists and intend to increase their staff, as evidenced by the results of a survey of business representatives for the second quarter of this year. 58.3% of respondents said they plan to increase the salaries of their teams in the next 12 months. Only 1.0% of surveyed companies are ready to reduce salaries.
3. The National Bank plans to begin the gradual abolition of restrictions on the purchase of foreign currency by businesses without obligations. Deputy Chairman of the National Bank Yuriy Geletiy noted that, in the opinion of the regulator’s team, such a decision will have a greater impact on the foreign exchange market than the latest liberalization measures.
4. Kazakh designer Danyk Uderbekov created a collection of furniture from local materials on the principle of secondary use. The collection includes an armchair, floor lamp and side table.
“During the quarantine period, I had a lot of free time, and when I conceived this project, I was guided by the belief that furniture should be made of available local materials – without harming the environment and without exploiting people (ie, you can do everything yourself)”. For example, the designer used a stone found in the river as a base for a floor lamp, a wooden stick with a built-in wire and light-transmitting paper (tracing paper).
5. New eccentric couplers from the Permo company (Italy) in the plastic case with a side were brought to the market of furniture accessories.
Their advantages: reliable means for strong and stable connections of shelves and side walls; ribs on the body of the eccentric prevent it from falling out of the hole; screeds can withstand heavy loads on breaking; in case of fixing of the bottom shelf the eccentric can be tightened also from above (for this purpose it is necessary to drill a through the aperture in a shelf).