- Climate grants for innovative companies
- Ukrainians’ jobs are occupied by migrants from Asia
- To make business development more tangible
- Benefits of digital visa-free travel
- The first Google store is furnished with wooden and cork furniture
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and that is relevant for the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the European Union have provided new grants to innovative Ukrainian companies that use the latest approaches and technologies to increase climate sustainability. Six companies from Ukraine received climate innovation vouchers worth almost 240,000 euros. Among them is The Good Plastic Company, which manufactures plastic panels from waste. Its recycled panels are used for interior design and furniture production. In total, 26 Ukrainian companies have already received such grants totalling almost one million euros. Among them could be furniture.
2. Ukrainians go abroad in search of work, and workers from Asian countries come to Ukraine for vacancies. Experts are convinced that over time their number will only increase.
According to the State Statistics Service, in 2019-2020, 71,000 migrants came to Ukraine to earn money. Most workers are from India, Turkey, Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan – a total of more than 36 thousand people. However, the exact number of migrants in Ukraine has not been established. Tens of thousands of workers are in the shadows and not officially registered.
3. The Cabinet of Ministers decided to review the mechanism of the business lending program “Available loans 5-7-9%”. The point is to improve efficiency, strengthen the investment component of the program. The main task is to make the program more popular so that businesses can stimulate the creation of new jobs.
4. According to experts, if Ukraine fully integrates and uses digital market instruments with the EU, our state will be able to receive from 2.5 to 3.5 billion dollars in goods and up to half a billion in benefits in services. And in this way, we will be able to get rid of barriers to e-commerce between Ukraine and Europe, get the opportunity to use an electronic digital signature in foreign economic activity.
5. Google has entered the retail market by opening its first physical store in New York. The range of boutiques includes products of corporations, other manufacturers and branded goods. It is more like an exhibition hall or a place to promote a brand than a trading platform designed to sell goods. In the main room, there are chairs and chairs for visitors.
The creators of the store paid special attention to environmental friendliness. The room has a lot of light and wood in warm tones, most of the furniture and floor are made of recycled materials. The company worked with a local artist to design wooden and cork furniture.