- Saying goodbye early, tax police
- Plan to legalize cryptocurrency
- Swedish schoolgirl against the global economy
- Conscious consumption trend
- Not everyone likes stores without cashiers
Everything that happened last week in Ukraine and the world and is relevant for the furniture maker, read in our digest:
1. The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has temporarily restored the powers of the tax police in the State Fiscal Service.
The authority of the tax police will remain in the SFS to create a new Bureau of Financial Investigations. According to Finance Minister Oksana Markarova, the new Bureau of Financial Investigations, after approval by the Council, will be created as a new body, and all employees will be recruited on a competitive basis. In the meantime, the tax police continues to carry out their work together with other law enforcement agencies and customs, so that current affairs in conversion centers, illegal operations with excisable goods and the like will not be lost.
The State Fiscal Service for the establishment of the Bureau of Financial Investigations will receive full access to the register of individuals – tax payers and other registers, banks and databases.
2. The government plans to legalize cryptocurrency in order to protect this business from searches. This was announced at the presentation of the brand “State in a smartphone” by Alexander Bornyaki, who will be appointed one of the deputy ministers of digital transformation, Mikhail Fedorov. He emphasized that cryptocurrency is not prohibited in Ukraine now, but they do not have an official status either. “People who are doing this should leave the gray zone and start paying taxes,” the presentation said.
3. The Swedish girl Greta Thunberg unexpectedly became a harbinger of a completely new totalitarianism and a symbol of the movement for a conscious rejection of economic growth.
On September 24, a 16-year-old eco-activist from Sweden spoke at the UN Climate Summit, severely criticizing world leaders for inaction. “People are suffering. People die, and whole ecosystems die with them. We are all at the beginning of a mass extinction. All you can talk about is money and tales of constant economic growth. And how dare you ?! “Said the schoolgirl, holding back her tears.
Greta Tunberg and his associates put forward not so many demands: a 15% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions, restrictions on the production and use of plastic, and conscious consumption.
4. The trend for informed consumption today extends to many areas of our lives, and the design industry was no exception. This year, the famous Italian company “Kartell” introduced several new furniture models at once, which correspond to the industrial manifest of the brand “Kartell loves the planet”.
“The environmental threat poses new challenges for companies,” says Claudio Luti, president of Kartell. “This is not just about creating a separate unit of“ green products ”, but about developing a global strategy that includes the entire production process – from creating a marketing and business plan to shaping communication processes and a sales network.”
In its quest for environmental responsibility, Kartell is not afraid to experiment and look for ways to express the ideas and philosophy of the brand that are unconventional for itself. Recently saw the light collection Smart Wood, designed by French designer Philippe Starck. The Kartell brand is known worldwide as a manufacturer of original plastic furniture items, but the new collection is made of wood – natural, completely recycled, being one of the most environmentally friendly materials. Smart Wood also reflects trends related to eco-style as an aesthetic concept. It provides for the return of man to nature, and in this regard, the tree significantly outperforms plastic.
5. The company “Goode Intelligence” (USA) prepared a report in which the following conclusion: until 2023, 2600000000. A person will use biometric payments. This is progress that cannot be hidden. The next step is the implantation of chips and DNA analyzers.
Last year, the Amazon chain opened furniture stores with an automated payment process without the presence of a cashier. A payment authentication method such as finger vein biometry of TM “Fujitsu” and “Hitachi” was introduced. Usually, retail is at hand. Cashiers will not be needed; staff can be reduced. And for the buyer, plus: you do not need to carry a wallet with several payment cards and cash. Only a finger and own face that are hard to lose. However, according to the results of another survey – the Brookings Institution (USA), 50% of Americans are against using fingerprint scanning and face recognition technology to pay for purchases. However, such an innovation impresses advanced youth.