Last year, the volume of illegal logging reached 17.7 thousand cubic meters in Ukraine. The level of shadow turnover of wood is about 30%. Such data were released during a briefing by the deputy head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Alexey Goncharuk.
Over 10 years, according to Goskomstat, the volume of exports of wood and products from it (UKTVED code 44) increased 2.2 times, reaching a level of almost 1.5 billion US dollars in 2018.
At the same time, Ukrainian furniture makers are increasing the growth rate of furniture production, in particular, increasing furniture exports annually (from 2009 to 2018, the average annual growth rate was 11.8%, increasing from $ 230 million to $ 626 million), including those made from natural wood.
– Is there a shortage of wood in the furniture market today?
– Does the furniture maker feel difficulties in obtaining legal documents for purchased raw materials?
– What prospects do the furniture maker expect to produce natural wood furniture in 5-10 years?
The Ukrainian Association of Furniture Manufacturers proposes to discuss these and other issues during the webinar, which will be held on September 3, 2019 at 14:00.
- Vasyl Masyuk, publisher and editor of the newspaper Derevorobrobnik and the magazine Furniture Technologies, Chairman of the Public Council at the State Forest Agency of Ukraine
- Igor Romanchishin, Director of Buchatsky Forestry
- Alexander Opanasyuk, Director of Pavlovniya Group
- Pavlo Kravets, director FSC Ukraine
- Leonid Spivakov, member of the Board of the UAFM, Head of the Project platform, coowner of the Родинне Дерево – modern wood furniture
The moderator of the webinar is Oksana Donskaya, a member of the Revision Commission of the Ukrainian Association of Furniture Manufacturers, co-founder of the online store МебельОк магазин отличной мебели.
We invite everyone to participate in the webinar, who cares about the fate of the wood market in Ukraine from the point of view of business, the growth of the competitiveness of the Ukrainian economy or the preservation of an environmentally friendly environment.
Participation in the webinar by pre-registration at the link
If you want to participate in the webinar as a speaker, please let us know.
To participate, there is enough desire to discuss the topic of the webinar and the availability of Internet connection.